CarDon & Associates is known for short-term rehabilitation for illness, injury, surgery and other challenges. Rehabilitation is an integral service at Arbor Trace, as at each of our communities—available to our own residents and to people from the greater community as an inpatient or outpatient service. Our outstanding nursing and therapy teams have the knowledge, skills and experience to guide people through successful short-term rehabilitation and the post-rehabilitation recovery processes.
Our goal is to help each person return home at their highest level of functioning as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our short-term rehabilitation program specializes in treating people who have experienced cardiovascular, neurological, or orthopedic challenges such as strokes or hip fractures. In addition, our short-term rehabilitation staff provides numerous therapies, including
- VitalStim for swallowing impairments
- Respiratory therapy
- Intravenous therapy
- Anodyne therapy for treating neuropathy, wounds, chronic pain, and arthritis
- Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) to speed recovery and reduce pain and swelling following joint replacement surgery
- Post-acute rehabilitative care for stroke, heart attack, amputation, balance dysfunction, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other neuromuscular diseases
STARS (Specialized Therapeutic and Rehabilitative Services)
The STARS program available at Arbor Trace and other CarDon communities focuses on inpatient and outpatient short-term rehabilitation. Through cutting-edge therapies, person-centered care and attention to every detail, this special program helps bring people to their optimal health and functioning as quickly as possible.
We are committed to each person’s fullest recovery. We provide home evaluations and coordinate resources for the post-rehabilitation phase to ensure their safety and quality of life as they return home.
Our physical, occupational, and speech therapists are known as much for their positive outlooks as for the positive outcomes they take pride in assisting. Our rehabilitation staff works in collaboration with physicians, nurses, social workers, nutritionists, the individual and family members to develop a customized personal care plan.
Accommodations, Services and Amenities
- Private suite with kitchenette
- Private bath with sit-in shower
- Local telephone and cable TV provided
- Three delicious meals daily, plus snacks
- Physical, speech, occupational and respiratory therapies
- Inpatient and outpatient short-term rehabilitation
- Assessment and development of personalized care plan
- Daily planned activities and programs
- Modern, fully equipped therapy gym
- Our Home Transition Program helps ensure individuals are well-prepared and the home environment is adapted as needed for a successful, safe return
- Dental and podiatry services arranged
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Social and support services including assistance with insurance
- Medicare and Medicaid approved – certain requirements must be met for Medicare to cover a short-term rehabilitation stay
- Most insurances accepted, as well as private pay